A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We categorise our cookies into two types to make things as straight-forward for our users as possible:
- Essential cookies. These cookies enable core functionality of the website. Without these cookies the website can not function properly. They help to make a website usable by enabling basic functionality.
- Marketing cookies. These cookies are used to track and collect visitors' actions on the website. Cookies store user data and behaviour information, which allows advertising services to target more audience groups. Also more customised user experience can be provided according to collected information.
SETTING YOUR PREFERENCES
When you access bulk’s website for the first time, or for the first time in a set time period, you will be presented with a cookie banner. You can use this banner to accept all cookies or otherwise change your cookie settings.
- You can change your cookie preferences at any time by visiting our cookie settings page.
- You will then be provided with the option to toggle Essential cookies on or off.
- You can also click on ‘more detail’, which will provide you with the cookie name, cookie provider, cookie description, cookie lifetime and cookie type.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
MENTION ME COOKIES
If you interact with our refer-a-friend programme Mention Me, functional cookies may be placed on your device. Details of which can be found here:
Additional cookies being used by Mention Me are strictly necessary for the operation of the platform and the provision of the programme.
The cookies/tags placed during the referral process give the ability to:
- Identify a unique browser in our referral flow. This is used to prevent fraudulent use of the referral programme;
- Support customers clicking on share links and being successfully redirected to the right landing page (if that feature is used)
- Allow site visitors to close pop-ups/corner peels displayed on the site, to prevent a dissatisfactory browsing experience;
- Ensure that where there is more than one possible offer, a returning site visitor isn’t shown a different offer each time.
These are all “strictly necessary” for the referral programme to function effectively.